- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 bunch cilantro stems, finely chopped, leaves saved for garnish
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 box frozen corn
- 1 15-ounce can tomato purée
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 1/2- to 5-pound pork shoulder
Combine all the ingredients except the pork shoulder in a slow cooker. Stir to combine and taste to make sure it is delicious.
Add the pork shoulder. Cover the slow cooker, bring the heat up to high and cook for 7 hours. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 1 more hour.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker. Using 2 forks shred the pork.
Serve the pork as tacos, in sandwiches or over rice. Spoon some the veggies and cooking juices over the pork and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.