- 12 skin-on chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced white and light green parts, reserve green tops for garnish
In a large bowl, toss chicken with olive oil to coat and sprinkle with salt. Grill chicken over medium high heat for 25-30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through to an internal temp of 165°F.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, honey, red pepper flakes and pepper. Set aside.
To a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat, add the garlic, ginger and scallion whites, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, to brown slightly. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbling.
In a large bowl, toss finished drumsticks with sauce until well-coated, transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.