From Fast, Fresh + Simple: 100 Delicious Recipes for Entertaining and Every Day
Mention Rachael Ray when ordering a cookbook from her site for a personally signed and autographed copy!
On instagram/twitter: @hopecooks and @icravephilly
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Fastfreshandsimple and www.facebook.com/iCravePhilly
- 1 cooked chicken, rotisserie or oven-roasted, cooled
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, seeded and diced in large cubes
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced in large cubes
- 1 ear cooked corn, cooled and kernels cut off of cob
- 2 large handfuls baby arugula, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Remove the bones and cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Toss the chicken meat, avocados, tomatoes, corn and arugula in a large salad bowl.
Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, and toss to mix. Add capers and chives, mix and taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.