Rib Eye Steaks with Arugula Salsa Verde, Crushed Potato Salad wi…
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
- 4 boneless ribeye steaks, well-trimmed, about 1 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
For the potato salad
- 2 pounds small/baby thin-skinned potatoes
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 green /spring onions or large scallions, whites and light green parts thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as dill, chives, parsley and mint
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- For the Arugula Salsa Verde: (Try this sauce on fish such as grilled halibut as well.)
- 3 cups packed arugula leaves
- Kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or toasted Panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- About 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bring steak to room temperature. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil and cook to tender. Transfer to a bowl and lightly crack and crush them using a potato masher or the bottom of a water glass.
Stir together the buttermilk, crème fraiche or yogurt, EVOO, garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes in the dressing to coat then fold in the onions and herbs. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Preheat cast-iron skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and cook 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until deeply browned and crusted; let rest.
For the Salsa Verde, place arugula in a food processor with salt, lemon zest and juice, capers, vinegar, chili flakes and walnuts or breadcrumbs. Pulse to finely chop then stream in EVOO until combined; transfer to serving dish.
Serve steaks topped arugula sauce with potato salad alongside.