- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (I prefer the low-sugar kind)
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat pulled off bones and shredded
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas, charred
Combine all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a small saucepot and place over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a bubble then reduce heat to simmer. Cook another 15-20 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill corn on all sides until charred. Let cool then cut kernels off the cob into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mix corn with onion, red pepper, jalapeño, lime zest and juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine Honey BBQ Sauce with the pulled chicken. Serve in corn tortillas topped with Grilled Corn Salsa.