- 1 ripe avocado, roughly diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, picked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds 16- to 20-count shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pale lager, such as Corona
- Zest and juice of 1 lime8 corn or flour tortillas, charred
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage, for garnish
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
In the bowl of a food processor, add avocado, lime juice, cilantro, sour cream, yogurt, salt and pepper. Process until smooth and transfer to a squeeze bottle; reserve.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add shrimp. Season with chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and sauté until the shrimp turn pink, about 5-6 minutes. Once the shrimp are cooked, deglaze the skillet with beer and reduce liquid by half. Add in lime zest and juice, and remove from heat.
To serve, spoon shrimp into tortillas. Top with a squeeze of creamy avocado lime sauce and garnish with cabbage and radishes.