- 1 pound penne
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato purée, such as passata
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Liberally salt the water and cook penne to al dente.
While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the sirloin, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks. Add garlic and cook until slightly brown then deglaze the pan with white wine. Add tomato purée and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
Toss hot penne with sauce and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano.