Pulled Buffalo Bills Chicken with Cool-Your-Jets Ranch Guacamole
A Doctor's Favorite Types Of Calming Teas For Stress | Gastroent…
A Visual Trick That Could Help Stop Anxious Thoughts Instantly |…
4 Ways Stress Could Be Hurting Your Stomach + Tips For Relief | …
How To Make Ramen with Sesame-Miso Broth and Baked Crispy Tofu |…
How To Make Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling | Carson Kressley
Deals From Rue La La: Cooling Sheets For Hot Sleepers, Adorable …
How To Make Tacos Veracruz | Rachael Ray
How To Make Gluten-Free Lemon Bars | low-carb, low-sugar, dairy-…
Teacher Working With Local Food Bank To Feed Hungry Kids Says Yo…
3rd Grade Teacher Saves School Custodian's Life With Kidney Dona…
How To Make Rach's Chicken Chop Suey | Rachael Ray
We Pamper + Surprise a 3rd Grade Teacher Who Saved Her Co-Worker…
How To Make Pepperoni French Bread Pizza | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Salsa Dip | Chef JJ Johnson
Rachael and Her Chef + Celebrity Buddies Share Their Strangest +…
How To Make Chef Andrew Zimmern's Walking Tacos With Black Bean …
How To Make Rice Krispie Chicken With Chile Cheese Sauce | Chef …
How To Make Mushroom Lovers' French Bread Pizza | Rachael Ray
Rachael's Ramen Bowls + A Doctor's Expert Advice On Fighting Off…
Justin Long & His Mom Join Rach To Kick Off Mother's Day Weekend…
Serve these healthy-ish crowd-pleasing recipes for spicy pulled chicken and herbaceous guacamole as tacos or sandwiches by offering it with warm, blistered corn tortillas; warm, hard tacos and/or slider or burger-size soft sandwich rolls.
- 2 tablespoons olive or safflower oil, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds (12 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (1 palmful) pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 palmful) granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Serrano or jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes or 1 1/2 lemons
- 3 avocados, pitted and scooped from skin
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, dill, parsley and chives, combined
- Soft or hard corn tortillas and/or soft slider or sandwich rolls, to serve
- Smoked blue cheese crumbles or crumbled Queso Fresco or Asadero, finely chopped celery carrots and radishes, chopped lettuce, pickled jalapeño peppers, crispy bacon bits, diced tomatoes
In a heavy skillet with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon olive or safflower oil, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brown 6 thighs for 3-4 minutes on each side; remove to a plate. Heat another tablespoon of oil and repeat with remaining chicken. Add all of the chicken back to the pan along with the cumin, paprika, granulated garlic and onion, and celery seed. Turn chicken to coat with spice, add stock and bring to boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook 1 hour or until very tender. Shred meat with 2 forks.
In a small pot, melt butter and add hot sauce. Pour over chicken meat and toss to coat.
For Ranch-Guacamole, combine finely chopped Serranos or jalapeños, garlic, onions, salt and lime or lemon juice. Let stand a few minutes then combine with avocados and mash. Mix in the sour cream and herbs, adjust salt to taste.
Serve pulled meat and Ranch-Guacamole with taco shells, tortillas and/or rolls with topping selections alongside.