- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or finely ground coconut, plus extra for coating
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup egg-white protein powder
- Pinch of salt
Add pecans and pepitas to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until ground. Add soaked dates, pumpkin purée, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, protein powder and salt, and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Remove with a spatula and place in a bowl; chill for 20-25 minutes.
Once chilled, use a 1-inch scoop to scoop the mixture into a plate of coconut flakes. Roll the pumpkin pie protein bites in coconut flakes and serve.