- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sweet rice wine
- 2 teaspoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 12 ounces fresh pizza dough
- Flour, for dusting
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 large carrot, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on a sharp diagonal
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Position a rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat to 500°F to 550°F (as high as possible).
In a bowl, whisk hoisin, soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, sweet rice wine and ginger. Set teriyaki sauce aside. (Teriyaki sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated.)
Lightly coat a 12-inch pizza pan with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Stretch out dough to cover entire pan. Rub remaining 1 teaspoon oil over dough. Scatter cheese over dough. Bake pizza for about 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is golden.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss to coat chicken with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Grill chicken, turning halfway, for about 8 mins, or until cooked through and charred in parts. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
Top pizza with chicken, carrots, bean sprouts and green onions. Drizzle remaining teriyaki sauce over pizza. Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds. Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut pizza into wedges and serve.
NOTE: For an extra crispy crust, place a pizza stone in bottom rack of oven before preheating oven. Stretch dough out on a lightly floured pizza paddle and assemble as directed. Carefully slide pizza off paddle onto hot pizza stone and bake.