Green Tortilla Soup
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
This vegan meal is also gluten-free!
- 8 tomatillos, peeled and rinsed
- Natural cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 1 quart vegetable stock, preferred brand Rachael Ray, divided
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large ears corn, shucked and kernels scraped from cobs or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 medium zucchini, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) cumin
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) coriander
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried Mexican oregano, lightly crushed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- To serve: diced avocado dressed with lime, thinly sliced radishes, toasted pepitas, cilantro leaves
Place tomatillos on a baking sheet or broiler pan, spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Broil the tomatillos until charred and splitting. Place in a food processor with the lime juice, a teaspoon of agave or honey and 2 cups vegetable stock. Purée and reserve.
Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and season with salt. Bake to crispy and golden.
Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add corn and zucchini, and lightly brown. Add jalapeños, onions and garlic, and season with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and oregano. Partially cover pot and soften onions 5-6 minutes. Add reserved tomatillo purée, remaining 2 cups stock and garbanzo beans, and simmer a few minutes for flavors to combine; adjust seasonings to taste.
To serve, arrange tortilla strips in shallow bowls and top with a few pieces of diced avocado, ladle soup over and garnish with radishes, pepitas and cilantro leaves.
Mild Green Beef Chili
Smoky Chicken Tortilla Soup
Mean Green Tortilla Soup
Chicken Posole with Crispy Tortilla Strips