- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 Pink Lady apples, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts (or almonds), blanched, toasted and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
Using a mandoline or the slicing attachment on your food processor, shred the Brussels sprouts and place them into a big bowl. Add the apples and hazelnuts.
In small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Cook butter, stirring occasionally, until the butter begins to brown. Once brown, remove from heat and add the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Stir and pour the dressing over the salad while it’s still hot. Using two big spoons, toss until well mixed.
Plate the salad then use a vegetable peeler to shave the parmesan cheese in big shards over the salad.
Michael Symon’s Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pecorino
Three-Cheese Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
7 Fall Favorites We Can't Wait to Make