- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- Olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons crushed caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika (optional)
- 1 can crushed peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup or so medium-diced pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon or so red wine vinegar
- Fresh pumpkin seeds
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat with a few teaspoons olive oil. Dust chicken in flour and sear in the hot pan. Remove and reserve.
Clean the pumpkin seeds thoroughly and soak in water overnight at room temperature. Drain and let dry slightly then toss the almost-dry seeds with smoked paprika and sea salt. Dry the sliced seeds in a low oven (200°F) for a few hours until crispy and dry.
Finish goulash with the vinegar and herbs, and served topped with the pumpkin seeds.
Get excited for Rachael's Big Top Halloween Circus Extravaganza on Monday, October 31, 2016 with Rach and John's highly anticipated costume reveal, Bob Harper's post-candy-binge prescription and a snack-o-lantern cheese fondue! Find out when the show is on in your area here.