- 3 1/2- to 4-pound chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice (around 2 cups)
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into medium dice (around 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can Bush’s Kidney Chili Beans
- 1 can Bush’s Sriracha Beans
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped cilantro, shredded cheddar
Season chuck roast liberally with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat then sear the chuck roast on all sides until browned.
Place the seared chuck roast in the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker. Add in the diced tomatoes, onions, butternut squash, thyme and chicken stock. Turn cooker on high for 5-6 hours.
Once the chuck roast is tender, take it out of the slow cooker and shred the chuck roast into medium pieces. Place the shredded meat back into the slow cooker along with all the beans. Mix everything up, replace the lid and cook another hour.
For the pepitas, preheat an oven to 350°F. Toss the pepitas with olive oil and spices then place on a sheet tray in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes then toss the seeds around again. Bake for an additional five minutes or until toasty.
Top your Pot Roast Chili with fresh cilantro, shredded cheddar, toasted seasoned pepitas Seeds. Enjoy!
Jeanette’s Slow-Cooker Sriracha Chicken Chili