Rach's Philly Cheesesteak (Season 2016-2017)
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Rachael & John Reveal What Their Rebuilt Kitchen Will Look Like …
How To Make Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips | Rachael Ray
How To Make Pork Chops with Maple, Mustard & Capers | Rachael Ray
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, halved
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- A drizzle or two canola oil
- 1 pound boneless ribeye, sliced very thinly
- 4 long sandwich rolls
- About 1/4 cup balsamic drizzle, store-bought or homemade
- 12 slices deli-cut Provolone cheese
- Italian giardiniera (hot pickled vegetables), pulsed in a food processor or finely chopped
- Red wine vinegar, parmesan or pepperoncini-flavored potato chips
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place the tomatoes on a sheet tray and drizzle with EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, and toss with thyme and oregano. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until slumped.
Heat a large, nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the onions and bay leaf, and cook until caramel in color, about 30 minutes. Season the onions with salt and pepper.
Heat a large, cast-iron griddle over high heat. Once the griddle is super-hot, add some canola oil then immediately add the sliced beef and season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is just slightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Arrange the meat on the griddle into a long strip similar in width to the rolls. Top meat with tomatoes, balsamic drizzle and provolone. Using a long spatula, scoop 1/4 of the meat onto each roll. Top with onions, giardiniera, and Italian-flavored potato chips.