Schnitzel with Schnapple-Sauce and Parsnip-Potato Pancakes
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 5 to 6 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves from a few sprigs, stemmed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cloudy apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- A pinch salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 shot apple brandy or apple Schnapps
- 6 thin-cut, 6-ounce pieces pork loin chop, pounded very thin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- A splash of milk
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- About 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- About 1/2 cup safflower or vegetable oil for frying (enough to come 1/8-inch up the sides of a large skillet)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Safflower oil or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup chopped dill and chives, combined
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bulb fennel, very thinly sliced by hand or on a mandoline
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion or 2 shallots, very thinly sliced by hand or on a mandoline
- 1/4 cup dill tops, coarsely chopped
For the Schnapple Sauce, place ingredients in medium saucepot and bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until a chunky sauce forms. Keep warm; reserve.
Season pork cutlets with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set up a dredging station: In three separate, shallow dishes, place flour seasoned with salt, pepper and ground sage; eggs beaten with a fat pinch of salt, Dijon mustard and milk; and breadcrumbs seasoned with nutmeg. Dredge cutlets first in flour, then egg and then coat in breadcrumbs.
Heat 1/8 inch of oil in very large frying pan over medium to medium-high heat. Fry schnitzel 2 at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side to deep golden; drain on a wire rack.
For the potatoes, wring shredded potatoes out in a clean dish towel. Add dry potatoes to a bowl and separate them with your fingertips. Combine with parsnips and scallions; season with salt and pepper. Add eggs, flour and baking powder and toss to combine.
Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large, wide skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully drop 3-inch mounds of potato cake mixture into the hot oil and gently pat them down to spread them out a bit. Cook to golden and drain on paper towels or a wire rack. Mix sour cream with horseradish and herbs.
For the Fennel and Cucumber Slaw, in a mixing bowl, combine ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
Serve schnitzel with lemon wedges, Parsnip-Potato pancakes with sour cream and horseradish sauce for dipping, and Fennel and Cucumber Slaw alongside.
Pork and Veal Schnitzels with Red Cabbage, Apple Sauce & Potato Pancakes
Everything Chicken Schnitzel and Ranch-Style Creamy Veggies
Schnitzel Cordon Bleu