Everything Bagel Crisps with Everything Cream Cheese and Scottis…
Sour Cream and Dill Scones with Smoked Salmon
How To Make Crispy Bacon Brussels Sprouts By Amanda Freitag
Irish Yankee Mac and Cheese
Ham and Cheese Strata
Scallion Cream Cheese-Stuffed Bagel Sticks
How To Make Raspberry Jam Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Andrew Zimmern’s Crispy Belly Bacon Sandwich with Jalapeño Jelly…
Cavatelli with Sausage, Eggplant and Saffron Cream
Gullah Red Rice With Smoked Sausage
Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Maple Mustard
“This is based on the towers of salmon served at Sadelle’s in NYC. I make my “Everything” cream cheese with beet horseradish around the holidays for the color but regular prepared or freshly grated horseradish is fine too. My husband likes me to add finely chopped crispy bacon to the mix as well.”
- 6 white or pumpernickel “Everything” bagels
- 1 pound thinly sliced Scottish salmon
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion or 3 shallots, thinly sliced by hand or on a mandoline
- 1/2 English seedless cucumber, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 4 large radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons beet horseradish
- 1 small bunch scallions, whites and greens chopped
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- Dill fronds and minced chives, to garnish
- Special equipment: 6-inch springform pan or a large, deep ramekin/round casserole
Preheat oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the bagels with sharp bread knife horizontally to make large, thin rounds. Toast on a baking sheet until crispy; remove and turn off oven.
Line a pan or casserole with plastic wrap, leaving enough on the ends to fold over the terrine and layer the salmon in tight concentric circles along the bottom. Do the same with the tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.
Mix cream cheese with radishes, horseradish, scallions and celery then spread it evenly over the veggies. Fold plastic over the top and press down slightly. Chill for at least an hour.
To serve, unwrap terrine, place a plate on top then flip and remove plastic. Garnish with dill, chives and capers.