- 2 cups warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar or acacia honey
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 5 1/2 cups “00” flour or half “00” flour and half all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the water, yeast, sugar or honey, and EVOO, and let stand for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. With the mixer running, slowly add the flour to the yeast mixture until a dough forms, 7-8 minutes.
Transfer the dough to an oiled baking sheet, cover with a towel and let stand for 1 hour. Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll into balls. Place them back on the baking sheet, brush lightly with oil, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days before using.