Swordfish Cutlets with Citrus Breadcrumbs and Chunky Caponata
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
- 12 thin pieces swordfish, trimmed of skin and bloodline
- 3 cups breadcrumbs (I use Buon Italia plain Italian)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, loosely packed
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil for shallow frying, about 1/2 cup
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 large or 2 medium (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total) firm, heavy eggplant, peeled of half the skin then diced into 3/4-inch bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 small ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced into half-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into half-inch pieces
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 14-ounce can chunky crushed tomatoes
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Pound swordfish very carefully to no more than 1/8-inch thick. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Finely chop the parsley and the crumbs along with the zests, chili flakes and garlic to the pile of parsley then chop together to combine. Work the gremolata through the breadcrumbs evenly then season with salt.
Arrange the eggplant on kitchen towel, salt it and let drain for 20 minutes. Press out excess liquids.
For the caponata, heat a large deep skillet over medium high heat with EVOO, 3 turns of the pan. Add eggplant, celery, onions, olives, chili flakes and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook partially covered to soften, 7-8 minutes, then add pine nuts and tomatoes. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes more to just tender then stir in torn basil.
Heat a shallow layer of olive oil in very large skillet. Press cutlets firmly into the breadcrumbs to coat then cook cutlets to golden on each side in small batches of 2 to 3 at a time. Keep cooked cutlets warm in oven preheated to 275°F on rack-lined baking sheet.
Serve cutlets with lemon wedges and caponata alongside.