- 3 to 4 tablespoons (the last of a jar) orange marmalade or cherry, apricot or plum preserves
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha, for medium to spicy heat level
- For the chicken: 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 thighs or 4 one-inch thick pork chops or 4 skinless filets of salmon or halibut
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
Add glaze ingredients to preserves jar and shake well.
Roast vegetables, if serving, in 425°F oven until brown at edges and tender-crisp, tossing occasionally. Top with sesame seeds.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet with oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high to high heat. Add seasoned chicken, pork or fish. Chicken will cook 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally; pork, 8-10 minutes; salmon or halibut, 7-8 minutes.
Pour glaze into pan and turn protein of choice to coat. Allow glaze to thicken, 1-2 minutes. Serve topped with scallions and vegetables alongside.
Bottom-of-the-Jar Honey Bear
Bottom Of The Peanut Butter Jar
Sour Cream Bottom-of-the-Jar