- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on bias, whites and greens separated
- 1 16-ounce bag chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups feta crumbles
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound mozzarella, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley tops, chopped
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add garlic and scallion whites, and swirl a minute. Add spinach and heat through; season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and remove pan from heat to cool.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, feta cheese and cooled spinach mixture.
Return skillet to stove and add remaining EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add the egg mixture and let the eggs settle and begin to firm up a bit. Transfer to oven and bake about 10-12 minutes to set the eggs slightly on the top but do not cook until firm and puffed. Remove the frittata from the oven and top with tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, scallion greens and oregano. Return pan to oven and bake until bubbly and brown, another 10-12 minutes.
Let stand a few minutes to settle then top pizza with chili flakes, parsley and basil to serve.
Zucchini Frittata Pizza Margherita
Souffle Frittata with Leeks