- About 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces (drained weight) Italian tuna, drained and coarsely flaked
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons Italian capers in brine, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed and pitted Sicilian green olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ziti rigate or tortiglioni
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 4 turns of the pan. Add tuna and garlic, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add dry vermouth or wine and let it evaporate into the fish. Add cream and reduce heat a bit. Stir in capers and olives, and simmer 10 minutes.
Cook pasta in generously salted water to al dente, reserve a cup of starchy cooking liquid just before draining.
Add thyme and parsley to sauce and toss pasta with starchy water to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Five-Ingredient White Ziti
Jeanette’s Pumpkin Baked Ziti