- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 28-ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 4 15.5-ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1 15.5-ounce can red beans
- 4 jars chili sauce
- 24 ounces tomato or vegetable juice (I use 2 jars of the chili sauce so there’s no waste)
- 5 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 container sour cream
- Tortilla chips, for serving (I use either Tostitos scoops or Fritos scoops)
In a large skillet, cook beef with onions, green pepper, some salt and pepper until brown. Drain and reserve.
To a large pot, add tomatoes, red kidney beans, red beans, chili sauce, tomato juice and 4 tablespoons chili powder. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or so.
Add reserved beef mixture to the pot of chili. Stir and add more chili powder if needed (depending on taste). Cook chili over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese or sour cream.