- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 6 bratwurst
- Beer, for par-boiling brats plus 1 cup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, diced and sautéed in butter until soft
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- Scallions, minced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place wonton wrappers in the cups of a muffin tray and bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Parboil brats in your favorite beer then finish on a hot grill to crisp the skins. Remove to a platter and reserve.
In a saucepot, melt butter then add flour. Cook a minute or so then add chicken broth, 1 cup beer and milk. Add cooked onion, Worcestershire, garlic and hot sauce, stir to combine. Add cheese and stir until melted.
Dice reserved brats then place in the wonton cups. Top with beer-cheese sauce, top with scallions and serve.