- Scroll down below to see how this recipe was made on Facebook Live!4 medium-size sweet potatoes
- Olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and scooped out
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 50-55 minutes or until soft. Carefully halve the potatoes and allow to cool completely. Once cool, scoop out the insides, leaving about 1/4 inch inside the skin; reserve potato mash in a bowl.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add ground turkey. Using a wooden spoon or a potato masher, break it up into very small pieces as it cooks. Once meat is just about cooked, add in spices and toast until the spices are fragrant. Remove from heat and add meat to the bowl with the reserved sweet potato mash.
Add cheddar and cilantro to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix everything to combine. Stuff the 8 sweet potato halves with the mashed sweet potato mixture and place back onto a baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
While sweet potatoes are roasting, place Greek yogurt, lime juice and avocado in a food processor and process until smooth. For a fun presentation, add mixture to a squeeze bottle.
Remove stuffed sweet potatoes from oven and place on a serving platter. Top with Greek yogurt mixture and green onions.