- 6 scallions
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ sleeve butter crackers, such as Ritz Crackers, plus more for serving ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Set the oven to broil.
Separate the green parts of the scallion from the whites; set aside the greens. Place the white parts on a baking sheet, drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place scallions under the broiler until they begin to blacken and char, turning them halfway through to char the other side. Remove and let cool. Once cool, finely chop.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, jalapeño, both shredded cheeses and the charred scallions. Mix until smooth then place into a 2-quart baking dish.
Place crackers into a gallon zip-top bag and lightly crush. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, the parmesan cheese and the green parts of the scallions. Shake the bowl to coat and sprinkle over the top of the cheese dip.
Bake in the oven until bubbly and brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve with crackers, chips or raw veggies alongside for dipping.