- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I use Cake Boss Chocolate Trifecta)
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1/3 cup creamy/smooth peanut butter
- Peanut butter cups, chopped into quarters
- Chocolate ganache
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the cake: Follow instructions for store-bought chocolate cake mix to yield either two 9-inch cake layers. Set aside on wire rack and let cool before removing from pans.
For the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the vanilla frosting and peanut butter.
For the ganache: Place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan until just boiling then pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add vanilla; let stand until cool.
To assemble the cake, place one cake layer onto turntable and generously frost the entirety of the top. Place the second cake layer, right side up, on top. Smooth out the sides. Spoon out the cooled chocolate ganache over the cake entirely, allowing it to drip down the sides. Sprinkle peanut butter cup pieces evenly over the top layer.
Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Cake
Caramel Popcorn Cake
Chocolate Bacon Cake