- 6 large Russet potatoes
- Olive oil, for drizzling or olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 6 rounded tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove grated or minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 3 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- About 3 cups shredded or chopped cooked brisket
- 2 bundles broccolini, trimmed of tough ends, chopped and blanched
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Scrub and dry potatoes, rub with oil, season with salt and pepper then pierce tops with tines of a fork a few times across each potato. Roast to just tender, 40-45 minutes.
Cool potatoes, halve lengthwise and lightly scoop the center flesh of potatoes into a bowl, leaving about a half-inch around the skins; cover to keep warm.
Arrange scooped-out skins on a baking sheet and spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake until crispy on top and browned, 15-18 minutes.
Mash center flesh of potatoes with sour cream, garlic, chives, salt and pepper.
Place a couple tablespoons of mashed potatoes in each potato skin, top with brisket, some broccolini then cheese. Bake until brown and bubbly.
Serves 3 as entrée (2 skins each), 6 as party food (1 skin each)
Marc Murphy’s Leftover Brisket Tacos with Chipotle Salsa
Two-Beer Beef Brisket
Two-Beer Barbecued Brisket Tacos or Sandwiches