Rolled Meatloaf with Broccoli Rabe, Provolone and Cherry Peppers
How To Make No-Boil Creamy Baked Ziti with Chicken and Cherry Pe…
Italian Sausage Burgers with Provolone and Broccoli Rabe
Italian Beef and Pork Shepherd’s Pie with Garlic Mashed Potato T…
Chicken Cutlets and Spaghetti with Peppers and Onions
Cherry Tomato Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto and Onion
How To Make Pilgrim-Style Rolled Turkey Meatloaf By Rachael
Chicken Cacciatore with Roasted Peppers
Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Bites
Fennel, Rosemary and Honey Oatmeal with Chicken Sausage Meatballs
Muffaletta Pinwheel Steaks and Roasted Broccoli
- 1 large bundle broccoli rabe or broccolini, trimmed
- 1/2 pound sharp provolone, shredded on a coarse-tooth grater
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- About 1/2 cup pickled hot Italian cherry peppers (sliced or whole), drained and chopped
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 small bulb fennel, finely chopped or processed into a fine chop
- 1 small onions 2 shallots, finely chopped or processed into a fine chop
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped or processed into a fine chop
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef consommé or stock
- 1 canned San Marzano tomatoes
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a deep skillet. Salt water, add broccoli rabe or broccolini, cook 3-4 minutes then drain well and chop into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine meats in large bowl with salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, Parm, garlic and rosemary then form meatloaf on a parchment-lined baking sheet into a rectangle about 12x15 inches and 3/4-inch thick. Scatter the shredded cheese across the meat and top with the broccoli rabe or broccolini then the cherry peppers, stopping a few inches short of the end of the rectangle. Roll the loaf and press seam together to close, smooth out the roll of meatloaf and drizzle with EVOO. Roast 1 hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 150-155°F. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
While the meatloaf cooks, prepare the sauce: Heat EVOO in saucepot, add finely chopped vegetables and stir until golden and soft. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper then add rosemary and stir to soften 3-4 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir a minute more, add wine and cook a minute or two. Add consommé and tomatoes, and simmer 20 minutes to thicken.
Slice meatloaf and set into a generous puddle of red wine sauce. Make a well in a scoop of garlicky mashed potatoes to serve alongside.
Stuffed Cabbage Cake with Sausage
Grilled Pinwheel Steaks and Roasted Broccoli