Potato-Crust Quiche Lorraine
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
Rachael Shares Big News About Her Magazine Rachael Ray In Season
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) Russet potatoes, peeled, shredded, rinsed and drained (press out all excess in strainer)
- Salt and pepper
- A few grates nutmeg
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- A fat drizzle EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices meaty bacon, chopped or cut into lardons (1/4-inch sticks)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-n-half or cream
- 6 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) shredded Gruyère
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, combine potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg and Dijon. Brush a 10-inch glass or ceramic pie plate, or an oven-safe, nonstick skillet or tart pan liberally with about 2 tablespoons butter. Line the pan evenly with potatoes to form a crust to the edge of the pan—tuck in any straggling bits of potatoes as they will burn. Brush the top of potato crust with remaining melted butter and bake about 30 minutes to golden; let cool.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of EVOO. When it ripples, add bacon and render 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onions, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper, and reduce heat a bit. Cook to soften, 12-15 minutes.
Whisk up eggs and cream then add onions and bacon and mix to combine. Pour filling into the potato crust and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese and return to oven to bake 12-15 minutes more until brown and bubbly.
Serve warm or room temperature with a salad dressed with Dijon or lemon vinaigrette alongside.
Damaris Phillips' Herb and Sausage Quiche
Zucchini Frittata Pizza Margherita
White Pizza Frittata