Clodagh McKenna's Chocolate Beef Chili
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips | Rachael Ray
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
Chili keeps for five days in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 10 ounces minced beef
- 2 onions
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 3 ounces smoked bacon lardons
- 3 ounces chorizo, cut into small pieces
- 13 ounces canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 250 ml water (or use half red wine and half water)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, grated
- 1 400-gram tin kidney beans
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a casserole dish or Dutch oven over medium heat. Pour in one tablespoon of canola oil, and stir in the minced beef; cook until browned. Remove the browned minced beef to a plate.
Pour the other tablespoon of canola oil in the pan and stir in the onions, fresh ginger and garlic. Cook for two minutes, then stir in the ground cumin, cinnamon and chili flakes, and cook for another minute. Next stir in the pancetta and chorizo, and cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
Return the browned minced beef to the dish and stir well. Pour in the canned tomatoes, cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, dried oregano and ketchup. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; stir well. Cover and cook for 90 minutes on a low heat.
Remove the lid and stir in the grated chocolate and kidney beans. Leave to simmer for another 20 minutes and then serve.
Turkey and Roast Poblano Chili
Triple Pepper Beef & Beer Chili
Ditch the Cleanup with These 10 One-Pan Dinners