- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (not packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread, warmed in the microwave until soft
- Cooking spray, for coating loaf pan
Serves: 1 loaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl until smooth.
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes at medium speed, or until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time until mixture is fully combined then add in vanilla, sour cream and mashed bananas. Turn down to low speed and add flour mixture in batches.
Pour half of the batter into a mixing bowl and set aside. To the batter in the stand mixer bowl, stir in warmed chocolate hazelnut spread until completely combined.
Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Alternate dollops of each batter in the pan pan then use a butter knife to swirl the batter.
Bake Banana bread in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.