- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 beef burgers (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 8 ounces Dubliner cheddar cheese, cut into 4 thick slices
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a skillet over a medium heat, and pour in the tablespoon of canola oil. Add the 4 beef burgers and cook for six minutes. Turn the burgers over and place a thick slice of Dubliner cheddar cheese on top of each burger; continue to cook for a further six minutes. Add the streaky bacon to the skillet and cook for three minutes on each side.
While the burgers are cooking make the cabbage slaw by whisking the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise and sour cream together. Fold in the cabbage, carrot and red onion. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
Once the cheeseburgers are cooked, remove from the skillet and place on the toasted buns, followed by the crispy streaky smoked bacon on top. Top burgers with a big spoon of the cabbage slaw then place the bun tops in place.
Buttery Burgers and Onions on Toast
Burgers au Poivre
Turkey Paprikash Burgers on Pretzel Rolls