- 1 cup good-quality ginger ale
- 1 cup lemonade, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger
- About 2 cups ice cubes
In a large pitcher, combine the ginger ale, lemonade, bourbon, lemon, cucumbers, and mint.
Peel the ginger; then using the vegetable peeler, shave the ginger lengthwise into paper-thin ribbons. Add them to the lemonade mixture and stir well to muddle the ingredients and blend all the flavors.
Fill four large glasses with ice cubes and pour into the lemonade mixture, including the lemon, mint, cucumbers, and ginger. Serve immediately.
Bottom-of-the-Jar Bourbon Bee’s Knees
Bobby Flays Blackberry-Bourbon Juleps
Clinton Kelly's Sweet Peach Bourbon Tea