- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems plus more chopped leaves, for serving
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into twenty-four 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Special equipment: 6 wooden skewers
In a large ziptop bag, add the lime juice, chopped cilantro, oil, tequila, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic and some black pepper. Mix together and then add the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 2 hours. During the last 20 minutes, soak the wooden skewers in water.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry; discard the marinade. Thread the skewers, alternating pieces of chicken, zucchini and bell peppers. Cook the kabobs, turning after grill marks form, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are charred at the edges, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped cilantro before serving.
Jeanette’s BBQ Chicken Tacos With Grilled Corn Salsa
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Smoky Salsa Verde
Grilled Rosemary Chicken Melts