- 12 large eggs
- 1 packed cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- About 1/4 cup (a fat handful) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Prosciutto di Parma
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a full boil then cover with a lid, turn off heat and let stand 11 minutes. Drain and crack eggs, and let them sit in cold water to loosen shells.
Cut eggs in half or just at the top (whichever you prefer) and scoop yolks out into a bowl.
To a food processor, add parsley, jalapeño, garlic, shallot, Parm, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Turn on processor and stream in EVOO until a pesto forms.
Arrange prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake to crisp. Remove, let cool then break into pieces.
Mash egg yolks with the pesto and Dijon, and place in food storage bag. Cut the corner of bag to make a pastry bag and fill the eggs. Top with broken crispy prosciutto and serve.
Curry and Chutney Deviled Eggs
Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Bacon-Ranch Deviled Eggs