- 4 6- to 8-ounce pieces steak, either thin strip steaks or tenderloin steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- About 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 eggs
- Italian sliced pickled cherry peppers in brine
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and bring to room temperature.
In a food processor, combine shallot, garlic, parsley, basil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse-process then stream in oil; transfer to a small bowl.
Heat a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with 1/4 cup Parm. When it begins to melt, top with 2 eggs and cover pan. Cook until cheese is golden and crispy at edges and the egg yolks are at desired doneness. Repeat 3 more times with remaining Parm and eggs.
Cook steaks about 3 minutes per side, rest 5 minutes.
Serve steaks alongside frico eggs and top everything with salsa verde. Garnish plates with hot pickled cherry peppers.