- 1 London broil (top round beef steak), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
Put the steak in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the steak and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature, turning occasionally in the marinade, for 15-20 minutes.
Arrange an oven rack 4 inches from the heating element and preheat the broiler. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray and place the steak on top. Transfer pan to the oven and broil steak until the top begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip the steak and continue broiling until the meat is browning on the surface and cooked to desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes more for medium.
Remove the steak from the broiler pan, cover it with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain with a sharp knife and serve.