- 2 cups chopped Tommy Atkins mango
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 12 skewers, soaked in water
- 1 pound cubed chicken breast
Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and let sit to combine flavors.
For the rub, combine olive oil, spices, garlic and shallots in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for thirty minutes or more. While the chicken is marinating, place skewers in water to soak.
Thread 4-6 pieces of chicken per skewer then cook on a grill pan over medium-high heat, turning frequently to avoid burning, for about 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Serve 3 skewers per person with mango salsa alongside.
Clinton Kelly’s Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Sweet Mango Glaze
Jerk Chicken Burgers With Mango Salsa
Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches with Red Cabbage Mango Slaw