- 36 spears asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A small handful parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 rounded tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 anchovies filets
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a tablespoon) coarse black pepper
- About 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- About 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes: In the first dish, place the flour seasoned with salt and pepper; in the second dish, beat the eggs with salt and pepper; combine Panko, breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon zest and parsley in the third. Pass the asparagus spears first through the flour then egg and lastly coat in breadcrumbs. Line the spears up on the parchment-covered baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray to lightly coat. Transfer pan to oven and cook until golden and crisp, about 7-8 minutes.
For the dressing, place all ingredients except the EVOO in a food processor. Turn on machine and stream in oil until dressing is emulsified.
To serve, arrange the asparagus spears on a platter and dress with drizzles of dressing.
Double Baked Crazy-Crisp Oven Fries
Oven 'Fried' Chicken
Mustard-Crusted Puckyhuddle Oven Fries