- 3 ears fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions or scallions, whites and light greens, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pints yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful small basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 pound corn or semolina penne pasta
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Chopped mint and parsley, to serve
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil for pasta.
Invert a small bowl in a large bowl and stand a corn cob on its end on the small bowl and scrape kernels from cob with a knife; repeat with remaining ears of corn.
Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat with EVOO, 3 turns of the pan. Add corn, jalapeño peppers, spring onions or scallions, garlic, salt and pepper, and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and basil, and cover pan. Cook 7-8 minutes to slump tomatoes, shaking pan occasionally.
While to tomatoes cook, cook pasta in liberally salted water 1 minute less than package directions. Reserve half a mug of pasta water then drain.
Stir mascarpone into the sauce then add pasta, cooking water and a couple of handfuls of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to the pan; toss to coat.
Serve pasta in shallow bowls topped with more cheese, mint and parsley.
Creamy Corn Dip
Smoky "Chowda" with Fire-Roasted Corn