“This sando is my ode to the Veggie Sandwich from NYC’s Lenwich. It’s the best when you can’t decide between a salad or a sandwich! Throw on a few slices of turkey to add some protein or enjoy it as-is in all its veggie glory!”
Scroll down below to see how this recipe was made on Facebook Live!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 slices multigrain or whole wheat bread
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 to 8 thin, long slices cucumber
- 1/2 small to medium avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet-and-spicy or roasted peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 thick slices tomato
In a small bowl, combine Dijon and honey then evenly spread honey-mustard on one side of each slice of bread. On one slice of bread, pile lettuce, cucumber, avocado, peppers, carrots, cabbage, alfalfa sprouts and tomato. Top with bread, slice in half and serve.