Grilled Chicken Reubens on Rolls With Bacon
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 1/2 small bulb fennel, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 crisp apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 pound/jar sauerkraut with caraway, drained (you can find it in the Whole Foods refrigerated section)
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied and pounded to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Emmentaler or Jarlsberg Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Fabanaise or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bacon on a slotted pan or a baking rack set into a baking sheet and bake to crisp, about 15 minutes or so.
In a small skillet, sauté the fennel, apples and onion over medium heat in a drizzle of EVOO. Cook to tender-crisp, 7-8 minutes, then add sauerkraut and heat through.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a couple drizzles of EVOO. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook to brown, about 4 minutes; turn over and brush with about 1 tablespoon mustard per cutlet. Top each chicken piece with 2 slices of bacon and cheese; cover with foil to melt cheese then remove from heat.
Combine sour cream, relish, ketchup, Worcestershire in a small bowl.
Build sandwiches: On roll bottoms, place chicken and top with some apple-and-fennel ‘kraut. Smear dressing on roll tops and set in place. Serve with extra dressing on the side.