- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, removed from casing
- 8 ounces pepperoni, cut into squares
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded buffalo
- 1 1/2 loaves frozen or fresh pizza dough, defrosted, such as Rhodes
Preheat oven to 340°F. Add the olive oil to a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook the sausages until brown, 12-15 minutes. Let cool then use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Combine sausage with the pepperoni and mozzarella.
Roll out the dough into 2 long ovals. Slice the end pieces off the dough to save for later to make mini sausage breads. Brush the top and bottom of each piece of dough with olive oil and divide the sausage mixture between the 2 loaves. Fold the dough over like a calzone and poke holes along the sides to release the steam with a fork. Bake until light brown on top, 20-25 minutes.