- 4 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 zucchini, medium cut into 3/4 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 can black olives, (2-ounce) sliced drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups spinach, rough chopped baby
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, fresh
Lightly coat 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the marinara sauce, pasta, zucchini, carrots, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, olives, and water; stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW until the pasta is tender, about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Gently fold in the spinach until wilted. Spoon into serving bowls and top evenly with the basil.
Excerpt from "Valerie's Home Cooking: More than 100 Delicious Recipes to Share with Friends and Family" by Valerie Bertinelli. Copyright © 2017 by Valerie Bertinelli. Used with permission by Oxmoor House. All rights reserved.