- 1/2 cup cherries, dried
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted Medjool, chopped
- 1/2 pound pancetta, diced
- 4 ribs celery, large finely chopped
- 1 onion, medium yellow, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken turkey stock, or
- 1 bag 14-ounce bag Pepperidge Farm Herb-Seasoned stuffing mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more to grease the pan
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Add dried cherries and dates to a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until the fat has rendered, about 6-7 minutes. Remove pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate then add celery, onion, thyme and sage to the drippings; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions and celery become translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
Drain the cherries and dates, and add them to the pan along with the reserved pancetta. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and add in parsley and stock. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and cool.
Once cool, add stuffing mix, melted butter and eggs, and carefully fold the mixture, being careful not to overmix it.
Liberally grease the inside of a Bundt pan with butter. Add the stuffing mixture to the Bundt pan, pat it down a bit and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before flipping it over. Once flipped, let it rest another 5 minutes before slicing.