"You need salad and you need Brussels sprouts at your Thanksgiving table, cut the work in half and make a Brussels sprout salad!"
See how this recipe was made on Facebook Live!
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted and salted pepitas
- 1/4 cup cherries cranberries, dried or
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat. Once the pan is warm, add Brussels sprouts and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook sprouts, stirring occasionally, until they begin to crisp and become slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
While the Brussels sprouts are cooking, make your dressing in the bottom of the serving bowl (less dishes to clean!). Add the Dijon, maple syrup, white wine vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Add Brussels sprouts to the bowl. Add pecans, pepitas and dried cherries or cranberries and toss to combine.