- 3 cups pecans, coarsely chopped organic
- 3 organic cage-free eggs, large
- 1 cup brown sugar, organic natural light
- 1 cup corn syrup, organic dark
- 5 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each allspice ginger and cinnamon, ground
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, ground
- Fat pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons ice cold butter
- 6 tablespoons ice water
For the crust, combine flour, sugar, pecans, salt, nutmeg, and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add in ice water and pulse until it comes together. Gather the dough on a piece of parchment paper into a large disk and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F with a rack placed in the center.
Roll out dough on a floured surface and place into a pie plate. Trim and crump the edges.
Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, rum, sea salt and spices. Stir in toasted pecans and pour into the unbaked pie crust.
Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is set. It should jiggle a bit if you nudge the pan.
Let cool on a rack for an hour plus.