"Rach has been making 'statement salads' the past few weeks, and they’re as beautiful as they are delicious! Basically it’s a large salad served on a big cutting board, with the ingredients arranged really pretty on top. What do you need the most the day after thanksgiving?! A giant salad! So here is my go at a Thanksgiving Statement Salad."
Scroll down below to see how this recipe was made on Facebook Live!
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 6 cup salad greens, (whatever you've got on hand if this is a leftover scenario I enjoy spring mix or baby kale)
- 2 cup turkey, leftover or 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded
- 1 cup butternut squash, roasted
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, , chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, or goat cheese (or whatever else will crumble from your leftover cheese plate!)
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, roasted
- 1 cup pecans, , roasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place stuffing on a sheet tray and break it up to make large crumbles of stuffing (think: croutons!). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cranberry sauce, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Continue whisking and stream in the olive oil.
Add turkey and gravy to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until it is heated through.
Toss salad greens in the dressing. On a large cutting board or flat platter, arrange dressed salad greens to make a base. Arrange in rows across the greens - crispy stuffing croutons, turkey in gravy, butternut squash, avocado, carrots, cheese, Brussels sprouts and pecans.