Big Bacon and Blue Burgers
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
- A drizzle olive or canola oil
- 6 slices meaty bacon, chopped to finely chopped
- 2 onions, quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Salt and white pepper
- A fat drizzle (about 1 tablespoon) aged Balsamic (such as Aged RR Balsamic)
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground sirloin
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 pound chunk crumbly smoked blue cheese or blue cheese (such as Oscar’s smoked blue), crumbled with a fork or your hands
- 4 potato hamburger rolls (such as Martin’s), lightly toasted
- Trimmed watercress or Upland cress leaves
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add chopped bacon and render 2-3 minutes until lightly crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve about 2 tablespoons bacon fat in pan.
Add onions to pan, lower heat and cook until light caramel in color, about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. (Add a splash of water if onions begin to brown.) Season with salt and white pepper. Finish onions with Balsamic vinegar. Remove the onions from the pan and wipe the pan clean.
While the onions cook, in a bowl combine beef, Worcestershire, parsley and garlic. Carefully mix in the bacon without overworking the meat. Score meat into 4 portions then form 4 patties that are thinner at center than edges for even cooking.
Return the clean pan to the heat with a drizzle of oil. Add patties and cook 4 minutes; turn and cook about 3 minutes more.
Build burgers: On the roll bottoms, place some cress, a patty, blue cheese crumbles mounded up a bit, some warm onions and the bun tops.